Monday, October 13, 2008

In Other News, I'm Old

I spent much of Liv's birthday party hanging out on the balcony with the other fabulous broads. At one point, I wandered inside to use the restroom. I knocked on the door, and two disheveled young people tumbled out. The woman made a beeline for anywhere that was NOT an awkward run-in outside a bathroom. The guy chose to hover around in the hallway and look sheepish. BUSTED!

"Hey, I only got to first base!"
"Dude, don't tell people that sort of stuff! Be a gentleman."
"You're right. Sorry. High five!"
"High five!"
*SLAP!*

Because really, doesn't a chivalrous bathroom makeout session deserve a high five?

PS: Happy birthday, Liv! Here's the famous recipe (originally from Bon Appetit):

Gin and Tonic Jell-O Shooters
3 cups tonic (divided)
One cup gin (I used Beefeater)
2 tablespoons sugar
3 packets unflavored gelatin
About six limes, sliced

In a small saucepan, boil two cups tonic with the sugar. Meanwhile, pour gin and one cup tonic into a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle unflavored gelatin on top of gin/tonic mixture, allow to set for one minute. Pour boiling tonic/sugar into bowl, stir until well blended. Pour contents of bowl into a 9x9 inch pan, allow to set overnight. Cut shooters into cubes, serve on lime slices. Pretty, classy, tasty, and not obscenely alcoholic.

6 comments:

Lemmonex said...

Can you high five me the next time i make out with someone in public...please? I won't tell you what base I get to, though. Some things are sacred.

Shannon said...

Lem - Sure! But they weren't in public. That's way too naughty. They were in the bathroom. After all, who doesn't want to swap spit next to a toilet scrubber?

rachaelgking said...

You didn't know we were playing 7 in Heaven?

Thanks for the birthday wishes, and more importantly, the GIN AND TONIC JELLO SHOOTERS. You? Rock my world, woman.

Shannon said...

Liv - NO WAY. I missed that, AND a beatdown? I'm such a dork. And, for you, the recipe is now posted.

Anonymous said...

If that guy had done it right, he would have just walked out of the bathroom, looked over at you, and instinctually you would have high-fived each other. I'm not sure its "lady-like" to walk out of the bathroom and high-five someone though... so I'm imagining the proper reaction she should have had is maybe just a curtsey? Hmmm thoughts?

Shannon said...

Doug - Well, the miasma of manly was what compelled me to return the high five. Actually, no, you ALWAYS return a high five.