Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Life on the B-Roll

I'm going to be stock footage!

Yesterday, my coworker was asked if we'd allow a camera crew from a news program to film us at work. Apparently they needed some shots of women in an office for when they do segments about women and the workplace.

It was fun, which surprised me, because I'm very superstitous about cameras.

We all sat at our desks and tried to ignore the camera crew, and look both professional and determined. We also had to interact a bit and we even had a fake meeting. The camera crew were very courteous and totally impressed when I knew what "white balance" was.

So if you see me on TV, busting through the glass ceiling, wondering how to balance work and family, or fighting pregnancy discrimination, know that I'm really wondering whether it's too early to eat my sandwich.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "is it too early for lunch?" game is played every day by me.

Anonymous said...

Any idea where and when you'll be on?

Shannon said...

The funny part is that I don't watch TV, and it's stock footage for their library. So I may never see myself, or I might appear over and over for the rest of my life.

It's Lehrer on PBS, so stalk away!