Friday, February 27, 2009

I'm a Real Boy!

I don't blog about work. And about 75 percent of what's been going on in my life has been work-related. That's why I've been so unreliable the last few months.

So, because I miss you, I'll make an exception. Also, I love to brag.
Today is a big day for me. Monday is an even bigger, ginormous, really fantastic day. That's when I officially start as a full-fledged, Pinocchio-becomes-a-real-boy member of the happy squad. Today is my last day as a temp.

Monday might be a letdown, like those couples who shack up, get married, come home from their honeymoons, check their mail, and then immediately start fighting over whose turn it is to pick coffee grounds out of the garbage disposal. (In my imaginary marriage, I hover gleefully next to the disposal's ON switch and cackle while my hypothetical husband digs in. With no gloves, because he's that manly. Or he's a grotesque slob. I haven't decided, but either way, no gloves.)

But, hey, it's the dreary homestretch of winter, and I could always use something to be happy about. So it's time to party.

I've been celebrating in mature, subdued ways. Like tying my offer letter around my neck, and running laps of the office while whooping. Or performing my killer Pinocchio impression, or by ditching my original plans to chill at home tonight in favor of beer. Glorious, wonderful beer.

In summary: woo hoo, huzzah, hurray!

PS - and, as ever, thanks Brett!

10 comments:

Malnurtured Snay said...

Congratulations! I assume this means you're buying rounds tonight, right?

Shannon said...

Snay - Not needed. As soon as I walk into a bar, everyone jumps up and buys me a drink. And then they burst into song.

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic! I imagine that being a temp in this economy wasn't exactly making you feel all nice and secure.

Yay! :)

Katherine said...

Look who's a Big Girl now! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! And congratulations!

Shannon said...

Zan - well, I figured if the executive assistant thing didn't work, I could always be a gigolo.

Katherine --...and now I have a disturbing mental image of myself wearing Pull-Ups.

Kate - Thanks!

FoggyDew said...

Nothing better than a steady paycheck...except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and may the work be with you!

BG said...

Ah! I just saw this! Congrats! Come across the street and we'll celebrate together.

PS You might be Z's fave temp ever for your quips about liquidation and/or New Years.

Shannon said...

Foggy - Have fun storming the castle!

jman - Thank you!

Brett - Dude, Jamie and I should have gotten you to come out with us Friday, we could have used a chaperone. Drinks next week? Also, glad to hear it - I've been worried I totally traumatized her.