Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me...Thanks to the American Voter

I jolted awake at 2:00 in the morning, another year older (I'm 32 today) and with a fabulous birthday gift...an Obama victory!

Thanks, America. It's just my size, exactly to my taste, and totally makes up for those times you chose a president based on who you'd rather have a beer with. (And then, to complete the cycle of stupid, you decided you'd rather have a beer with a teetotaler. Sigh.)

I spent Election Night sprinkling myself in free booze at the Qorvis party...to the point that I said "excuse me," to the wax Obama. I also wore that Washington classic, a name tag. Except mine said, "Anne Chovy," and my date's said, "Benjamin Dover." I also told an FCC employee that he ought to auction off the Janet Jackson boobie screenshots on Ebay. I figured I'd get as much out of the end of Year 31 as I possibly could.

I'm spending today off work, lounging, and possibly a little hungover. More tomorrow.

21 comments:

Ibid said...

Pshhh. Bush is as much a teetotaler as Ted Kennedy is. The only difference being the unusual number of empty beer cans around the non-drinking Bush instead of the number of empty wine bottles around the non-drinking Kennedy.

Ibid said...

And, Happy Birthday.

FoggyDew said...

Happy Birthday Shannon!! Let the partying begin...again...some more.

Amanda Hugankiss

Lemmonex said...

Happy bday to one lovely lady.

Seymour Butz

suicide_blond said...

happpy birthday!
xoxo

Zipcode said...

happy birthday

LiLu said...

Happy, happy birthday lady!

Anita Lay

Jamie said...

Happy birthday!! So I guess this is the first one where you were drinking in celebration, rather than drowning your sorrows.

Legally anyway.

freckledk said...

Happy Birthday!

Love,

Anita Cox

KassyK said...

Happy Birthday!! I wish I could come down there and stroke your hair.

Soon...soon!!

Enjoy the celebration(s). What a wonderful birthday start.

Justin said...

Happy Birthday!!

Your Pal,
Jacques Trap

Arjewtino said...

I already wished you a happy birthday on the MyFace. Do I have to do it again here?

Oh, all right. Happy birthday.

Ellie said...

Hey! We are birthday twins!Too funny! 5th of November kicks ass because it's also Guy Fawkes day! I agree, the election was the best gift ever!! I was concerned that the party tonight would be no fun if Obama lost, but now the celebration will be even better!

Happy happy birthday, I hope you are enjoying your day as much as I am mine.

lacochran said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Brett said...

happy happy birthday!

I have thoughts said...

I'm so jealous. The world never takes to the streets in celebration on my birthday!

Lucky you. Happy Birthday.

Mike said...

Happy birthday, Shannon. I wasn't sure what to get you, so I just chipped in on the Obama thing. Glad you like it.

Hugh G. Rection

bh said...

Happy Birthday.

Richard Head.

zandria said...

I'd have to agree...that's a most excellent birthday present. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)

Shannon said...

Thanks everyone!

-Benjamin Gay

stusigpi said...

The Ben Dover thing hurts.

Jeff Dover